Cain was the most feared creature in Monstelvania. He was the one who bit Count Vlad, turning him into the monster he is today. But then, one day, he disappeared. Everyone wished that he would never come back to torment them again, but their wish was denied!
Cain is a neat Elite attacker who specializes in dealing raw damage with his bleed hater, self buffing and protecting, and chaining ETs to release insane amounts of raw damage. This bat can chain 3 ETs, adding bleed on to all enemies and then can finish with a AOE almost guaranteed to finish the enemy off. He’s tanky, too, with a nice life stat ensuring he can take hits. In the case of his death, he can come back with uriel essence and finish the fight, and his sword relic can buff his damage to insane levels. He can sustain with his 100% life steal, coming with a 70 dmg on top, and protect himself with self evasion. However, he has massive cooldowns, and is weak to anticipation when setting up his ETs and bleed. He also draws a short straw when a monster is immune to bleed, so he can’t use his 1 effect and trait to shut them down. Overall, this guy can kill of entire teams on his own, but has some flaws that keep him solidly in S+.
- Good stats, especially high Life for an attacker
- Awesome trait
- 3 extra turn skills with Bleed to set up a big combo
- 70 damage skill with 100% Life steal
- Self Evasion
- Amazing relic slots
- Instant Rest is a great self set-up move with 0 CD
- Low stamina costs
- His extra turn skills and Stigmata have Massive cooldowns
- Cannot utilize his great trait if the monster is immune to Bleed
- Weak to anticipation if you run his extra turn skills
- Only negative effect is bleed
- Only one AoE skill which deals average damage
The Cain chain
- Soul Rip (60 Fire dmg + Bleed + Self Extra Turn, 36s, 4 CD)
- Quick Bite (40 Special dmg + Bleed + Self Extra Turn, 26s, 3 CD)
- Deadly Stigma (30 Special dmg + Bleed + Self Extra Turn, 21s, 4 CD)
- Stigmata / Ancestral Bite (Stigmata for AoE 30 Special dmg, 29s, 4 CD) / (Ancestral for 70 Special dmg + 100% Life Steal, 27s, 1 CD)
Recommended Runes: 1 Strength, 2 Speed
Moderate and Manipulative
- Soul Rip
- Ancestral Bite
- Quick Bite
- Instant Rest / Eternity Warrior (Rest for Self NER + Regeneration + Stamina Regeneration + Damage Boost, 26s, 0 CD) / (Eternity for 40 Special dmg + 50% Stamina Restore + Stamina Regeneration 25s, 0 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed
Slow and Steady
- Soul Rip
- Ancestral Bite
- Shadow Wanderer (50 Fire dmg + Self Evasion 28s, 3 CD)
- Instant Rest / Quick Bite
Recommended Runes: 3 Strength
- Monsters that can apply Bleed onto enemies are great. Monsters like Grakon, Storm Beard, and Zeighar are best for this, as they can go before Cain and deny while applying Bleed simultaneously, meaning you could possibly even forgo his extra turns.
- Trait Disablers such as Ingenica and Itzanami are great if the enemy has a trait that is immune to Bleed. This will allow Cain to deal triple damage to enemies with Bleed due to his Bleed Hater trait.
- Cain relies mostly on his extra turn moves to do tons of damage, so Anticipation monsters such as Hookuai and Narok can easily counter him. Hookuai is especially good because of the elemental advantage.
- Cain relies a lot on his Bleed Hater trait too, so any Celestial or Abomination monster is also pretty effective, especially Tanks like Clipeum and Rubellus.
- Most of his moves have tons of cooldowns, so CDA monsters like Timerion, Patient Cyber, and Positron can activate them to make him almost useless.
- Hard-hitting Water attackers! They are the simplest way to defeat Cain. Some examples are Hookuai, Gorg and iMigbo. Use Gorg, as he has SC: AoE Shock to prevent Cain from using his extra Turns, and PER before damage to wipe away his Self Evasion, or use Hookuai, as he as Anticipation, heavy-hitting Water moves, and CDA to stop Cain for a while.
- Cain's reliance on Bleed to deal insanely high damage makes him weak against monsters who have or can apply Torture Immunity to themselves and/or their team. Olnir and Warmaster Zahra are good examples due to their SC: Torture Immunity as well as Warmaster Babari with his Team Torture Immunity trait.