After he lost his family to plastic in the ocean, Crabbydroid used the trash he found on the seabed to build a mechanical exoskeleton. He built an armor so powerful that it made him powerful enough to destroy Global Mech, the factory that dumped trash on his family’s habitat.
Back in the day, Warmaster Thalassa ran so rampant in the meta that SocialPoint actually did something about it and created Crabbydroid. He's literally made to kill Thalassa's usage, and is incredibly good besides that. He can Stun and Freeze, apply Nanovirus (which blocks the Recently Denied effects), deal Thunder damage so he decimates monsters of his own type (alongside having a solid Power stat and Thunder Weakness), can apply Drowned and Shock for both water and thunder damage, PER to remove MT, bypass DA with Portuguese Man O' war and the icing on the cake is that he has Sea Hater. All of this means is that if you come across a water monster, they're dead, no questions asked.
- Outstanding stats and relic slots
- Has Thunder moves as a Water monster
- Portuguese Man O' War bypasses Dodge Area
- Great buffs and debuffs
- Access to Stun and Freeze for denial
- Nanovirus blocks Recently Frozen/Stunned effects
- Access to Drowned, Shock, and Nanovirus
- Can boost damage output as an attacker with Shock, Sea Hater, and Thunder Weakness
- Great trait
- Access to PER and Trait Disable as a denier
- High stamina costs and cooldowns on best moves
Budget Jellyfish (Unranked)
- Irukandji (AoE PER + Stun + Freeze, 45s, 4 CD)
- Sea Wasp Box (Nanovirus + AoE 30 Water dmg + Nanovirus, 28s, 1 CD)
- Palancar Beauty (PER + Self Extra Turn, 20s, 3 CD)
- Great Barrier Savior (Team Sea Hater + Precision + Self Extra Turn, 25s, 3 CD)
This is the best moveset unranked for Crabbydroid. You can run Palancar Beauty to remove pesky effects, then Irukandji to deny, and then you can run some of his support/attack skills.
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
Crab Rave (Ranked)
- Palancar Beauty
- Lion's Mane (Trait Disable + Mega Stun, 30s, 3 CD)
- Portuguese Man O'War (Mega Freeze + AoE Freeze + Drowned, 45s, 3 CD)
This moveset is like a budget Thalassa. You can PER + Trait Disable 1 or 2 enemies and then deny with your choice of Irukandji (For a guaranteed deny if the enemy doesn't have any denial block) or Portuguese Man O'War (For a deny on Dodge Area and other things).
Oh, Crab! (Ranked)
- Portuguese Man O'War
- Cannonball (AoE 40 Special dmg + Stun + Nanovirus + Shock, 40s, 2 CD)
- Palancer Beauty / Lion's Mane
If you want to deny for the entire time of a battle, you can run this moveset. You would be constantly denying the enemy team with somewhat new control effects every time. For optimal use, you can run Palancer Beauty / Lion's Mane for a quick removal of something pesky, then Portuguese Man O'War, then Cannonball, then Irukandji, rinse and repeat. This will keep the enemy denied 3 turns if you run it this way.
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
Electricrab (Ranked Attacker)
- Eel Charge / Raja Ampat Diversity (Charge for AoE Thunder Weakness + 35 Thunder dmg + Shock, 40s, 2 CD) / (Diversity for 50 Water dmg + Thunder Weakness + Nanovirus, 21s, 2 CD)
- Catfish Charge / Ray Charge (Catfish for 30 Thunder dmg + AoE Moderate Thunder dmg, 30s, 1 CD) / (Ray for 50 Thunder dmg + Nanovirus, 25s, 0 CD)
- Great Barrier Savior
Since a lot of his moveset focuses on Thunder moves to deal damage, this is for the people who want to have fun with an attacker Crab who isn't half bad. Start with Eel Charge, then Great Barrier Savior and then Catfish Charge, effective against Water enemies, a lot of them being from the Sea book. Use Cannonball for damaging variety.
Recommended Runes: 1 Strength, 2 Speed/Team Speed; 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed
- Since some of Crabbydroid's stamina costs are pretty high, stamina drainers like Wangzhou and Silverleaf can prevent him from using some of his better moves.
- Despite having Freeze Immunity and Tough, he can still be denied in other ways. Fast deniers like Lord Pumpseed and Mirak can get the job done here and render him useless for a couple of turns.
- Since his cooldowns are pretty high, fast CDA monsters like Warmaster Sherezar, Lamia and Thundeer can render him useless for 2 to 3 turns.
- Strong Thunder attackers like Wildbird and Warmaster Babari can make quick work of this jellyfish.