After he lost his family to plastic in the ocean, Crabbydroid used the trash he found on the seabed to build a mechanical exoskeleton. He built an armor so powerful that it made him powerful enough to destroy Global Mech, the factory that dumped trash on his family’s habitat.
Crabbydroid is a Water Control monster. He has a variety of Control and Torture status effects, including Stun, Freeze, Mega Freeze, Drowned, Nanovirus, Shock, and Thunder Weakness. His attacks excel against Water Monsters, and he can boost his allies by giving them Sea Hater and Precision. He also has 2 extra turn moves, one removing positive effects and the other applying sea hater, which can be used to help reduce cooldowns and PER.
- Outstanding stats and relic slots
- Has Thunder moves as a Water monster
- Portuguese Man O' War bypasses Area Dodge with single-target Mega Freeze
- High damage output for a denier
- Great buffs and debuffs
- Disappointing trait compared to other Forsaken monsters
- High stamina costs and cooldowns
- Vulnerable to Dodge Area, since most of his control moves are AoE (especially at Rank 0)
Budget Jellyfish (Unranked)
- Irukandji (AoE PER + Stun + Freeze, 45s, 4 CD)
- Sea Wasp Box (30 Water dmg + Nanovirus + AoE Nanovirus, 28s, 1 CD)
- Palancar Beauty (PER + Extra Turn, 20s, 3 CD)
- Great Barrier Savior (Team Sea Hater + Precision + self Extra Turn, 25s, 3 CD)
This is the best moveset unranked for Crabbydroid. You can run Palancar Beauty to remove pesky effects, then Irukandji to deny, and then you can run some of his support/attack skills.
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
Crab Rave (Ranked)
- Palancar Beauty
- Lion's Mane (Trait Disable + Mega Stun, 30s, 3 CD)
- Portuguese Man O'War (Mega Freeze + AoE Freeze + Drowned, 45s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
This moveset is like a budget Thalassa. You can PER + Trait Disable 1 or 2 enemies and then deny with your choice of Irukandji (For a guaranteed deny if the enemy doesn't have any denial block) or Portuguese Man O'War (For a deny on Dodge Area and other things).
Oh crab! (Ranked)
- Portuguese Man O'War
- Cannonball (AoE 40 Special dmg + Stun + Nanovirus + Shock, 40s, 2 CD)
- Palancer Beauty / Lion's Mane
If you want to deny for the entire time of a battle, you can run this moveset. You would be constantly denying the enemy team with somewhat new control effects every time. For optimal use, you can run Palancer Beauty / Lion's Mane for a quick removal of something pesky, then Portuguese Man O'War, then Cannonball, then Irukandji, rinse and repeat. This will keep the enemy denied 3 turns if you run it this way.
- Since some of Crabbydroid's stamina costs are pretty high, stamina drainers like Wangzhou and Ondana can prevent him from using some of his better moves.
- Despite having Freeze Immunity and Tough, he can still be denied in other ways. Fast deniers like Lord Pumpseed and Mirak can get the job done here and render him useless for a couple of turns.
- Since his cooldowns are pretty high, fast CDA monsters like Warmaster Sherezar, Pumseed, Siamiss, and Pierceid can render him useless for 2 to 3 turns.
- Crabbydroid can be countered by anticipation monsters, due to his extra turn skills. This applies more to an unranked Crabbydroid than a fully ranked one, but it still is problematic.