When Ouros and Igursus were created from a mountain, there was a dangerous side effect: Cryotan. This massive creature emerged from the base where the mountain used to stand. It took both Ouros and Igursus to seal him in ice. Unfortunately, Cryotan has now managed to escape.
No matter how big the hit, Cryotan can take it. This mountain has a very high life stat and is able to increase its survivability by deploying massive shields and doubling its life. Like most of the older tanks, Cryotan suffers from a horribly low speed stat. He'll struggle to get turns in, but when he finally gets a turn, it can possibly spell doom for the other team. Overall, a bit outdated, but not a bad choice for a tank.
- Great life
- Has access to MegaFreeze
- Decent trait
- Several self-support skills
- Extra turn + Stamina Regain skill for 0 stamina
- Self NER skill
- Amazing relic slots
- Horrible speed, hindering denial
- High cooldowns and stamina costs
- Boösaule Montes, his AoE MegaFreeze, has an insane 250 Stamina cost, marking it as the highest stamina costing skill in the game! Which means you'll need at least a level V Stamina Rune to use it
Wall and Stall (Tank)
- Huygens / Skadi (Huygens for 35 Water dmg + self NER, 27s, 2 CD) / (Skadi for Self 25% Stamina Regen + Extra Turn, 0s, 3 CD)
- Olympus (Self 100% Life-Shield + Taunt, 40s, 2 CD)
- Euboea (45 Water dmg + Mega Freeze + 3-Turn Death Countdown, 65s, 4 CD)
- Elysium (Self Double Life + 50% Shield, 30s, 3 CD)
When choosing skills for Cryotan, Olympus and Euboea are must-haves. When choosing between Huygens and Skadi, choose Huygens if you want Cryotan to be able to get rid of pesky DoTs and other negative effects from himself without relying heavily on other monsters, and choose Skadi if you want a skill that can recover Cryotan's precious stamina so he won't have to recharge immediately. When choosing between Elysium and Boosaulë Montes, choose Elysium if you want Cryotan to have better results as a tank. Choose Boosaulë Montes if you are comfortable with using a Stamina rune on Cryotan and want the AoE Mega Freeze. You could always choose to have both moves and put 1 of them in the place of Huygens, Arsia, or Skadi.
Recommended Runes: 1 Life, 2 Team Speed
Sniper Mountain (Team Speed Holder with Stamina)
- Huygens / Arsia (55 Special dmg, 30s, 0 CD)
- Olympus / Elysium / Skadi
- Böosaule Montes (AoE MegaFreeze, 250s, 6 CD)
Recommended Runes: 1 Life, 1 Stamina, 1 Team Speed; 2 Team Speed, 1 Stamina
- Seeing as Cryotan's cooldowns are unbearably high, you are gonna want to have an ally to try and protect him from CDA and restore his cooldowns as well. Qinling and Warmaster Sherezar are examples of monsters that can protect Cryotan from the very deadly CDA. Captain Copperbeard and The Baroness are examples of monsters that can deactivate Cryotan's high cooldowns if they are applied to him.
- If you don't run Huygens, then having a NER monster is a necessity for Cryotan. Otherwise, he won't be able to deal with the plethora of negative effects being applied towards him.
- Having the Mountain trait, Cryotan is still very susceptible to Possession, so monsters such as Baba Yaga and Volthar can make him Mega Freeze and set Death Countdowns to his teammates.
- Being weak to Thunder, he can be quickly destroyed by solid attackers like Toshiro, Zyla the Faithful, and Talany before Cryotan can do much damage.
- Since Cryotan has extremely high cooldowns, you can use a CDA monster, like Patient Cyber, to activate his high cooldowns and force him to use worse skills or constantly recharge.
- Cryotan has very high stamina costs. This makes Stamina Drainers, such as Wangzhou or Jasastur, very good at countering him and stopping him from using his most deadly skills.
- Cursers are great monsters to use against Cryotan because they can apply many DoTs that can drain Cryotan's health. Such monsters include Draghar, Gualgui, and Saulot.