Dr. Marihelson is back home after having spent many years investigating how the World Water War turned into a nuclear conflict, but he has changed a lot. When he left he was a kind and good looking monster, but his exposure to radiation has had terrible effects on his physique and behavior!
Dr. Marihelson is the reward monster in the Winter Meltdown Team Race. He has healing moves, but all the while having Poison moves, Reverse Healing moves, moves to heal enemies, etc.
- Good trait
- Multiple tricks up his sleeve like Reverse Healing, Stun, Poison, and Curse
- Low stamina costs and cooldowns
- AoE Stun
- Good Relic Slots
- A lot of 50% chance moves
- Average stats for current meta
- If the Reverse Healing doesn’t land or the enemy has NER, his main gimmick of healing the enemy team becomes pointless
- Reverse Healing process takes at least 2 turns
- Radiocaesium, one of his better skills, costs a whopping 41 Stamina
- Vulnerable to Dodge Area due to most of his good moves being AoE
- Mutagenesis (AoE 35 Special dmg + Reverse Healing, 25s, 2 CD)
- Radiocaesium (AoE 30 Dark dmg + Stun + 50% chance Poison + 50% chance Curse, 41s, 2 CD)
- Hormesis (Team 30% Heal + AoE 30% Heal, 19s, 1 CD)
- Ionizing Radiation / Radon Baths / Caesium 137 (Radiation for Team Double Healing + Enemy Team Double Healing, 22s, 0 CD) / (Baths for 45 Dark dmg + Team 40% Heal, 16s, 3 CD) / (Caesium for 50 Dark dmg + Stun + 50% chance Poison + 50% chance Curse, 29s, 1 CD)
Since this monster mainly relies on healing enemies to win, you want him to go first so you can use Mutagenesis on the whole enemy team to give them reverse healing. After you've done this, you can use Ionizing Radiation to prepare what you'll do next. When you use Hormesis, it won't take away 30% of all enemies health, but 60%. Radiocaesium can act as a finisher. This moveset is risky but can be rewarding in the end at the same time.
Recommended Runes: 2 Speed, 1 Team Speed; 3 Team Speed; 3 Speed
- Any monsters with Reverse Healing just like Dr. Marihelson will help him out a lot. If Dr. Marihelson misses his Reverse Healing move or save him the hassle of setting up, then someone like Holter's Bodyguard or Pierceid could possibly help back him up and possibly do some damage to the enemy team too.
- Guard Down users are also VERY useful, considering all the 50% chance moves Marihelson has. Best choices for this are Shademoon, Al Canine and Sunblast.
- Warmaster Sherezar is also a good choice. Since his trait can apply True Vision to all of his allies, including Marihelson, he can make Marihelson land all of his effects guaranteed. He also has team status caster Cooldown Protection, giving Marihelson 3 immunities.
- We can't forget the fact that Dr. Marihelson has the Abomination trait along with his Freeze Immunity SC, so this will make him hard to deny. Stun will bypass this, so use Grakon, Crabbydroid, or Talika to deny him.
- You can also finish this monster off with a good Light attacker, such as PZ Ronin, or Kronxian Guard. If there are monsters with the Bulwark trait and other traits like that, like Zyla the Faithful, then it is sort of a gamble to use any of Dr. Mahirelson's healing moves on them anyway.
- You can also stack debuffs on this guy to make him weak, with monsters like Mirak and Xiron the Ruby.
- NER monsters (especially with Area Dodge trait), like Frosilka, O'Reilly, and Frazerot, can render his gimmicks useless. Special mention goes to Wyrmlad as he is a Light monster with Area Dodge (and Celestial) trait, and NER.