Cavenfish was an abandoned young monster when Hardy took him under his fin. He taught him everything he needed to know, but the ungrateful Cavenfish organized a riot and seized Hardy from his own ship in the middle of the sea. No one ever heard from him again...until now. Hardy has risen from the ocean floor and is very thirsty for revenge.
Hardy is a powerful Magic attacker with great stats. He has many tricks up his sleeve to deal more damage such as utilizing Curse or Shock to torture enemies, spreading Vulnerable to increase his damage output even further or by simply setting up Double Damage. He can also use Stamina Regeneration to continue attacking, which makes up for his huge Stamina costs. His other trait, Anticipation, allows him to become one of the most commonly used monsters on defense teams, preventing great Extra-Turn monsters like Spitfire and Kaguya from being able to become meta. Water Protection makes him a nightmare to fight in a Sea Book War and his relic slots are great for an Attacker with high Stamina costs. Overall, he is a fantastic Attacker and should be treated with caution.
- Good stats, especially his surprisingly high Life (tied with Bombeta)
- Amazing trait
- Good setup skill in Blade in The Fog
- Great damage output
- Great gimmicks like Double Damage, Vulnerable, Shock and Curse to deal more damage
- Stamina Regeneration and most Mask relics can deal with his massive stamina costs
- Great relic slots
- Mostly low cooldowns
- Shock can still cripple Extra-Turners if his trait is disabled
- Easily denied
- Massive stamina costs
Wait, that's a fin on his head!
- Blade in the Fog / Strike The Sun / Punch of The Shark King (Blade for Self Double Damage + Space Time, 56s, 2 CD) / (Strike for 40 Magic dmg, 22s, 0 CD) / (Punch for 45 Magic dmg + Vulnerable + Shock, 39s, 1 CD)
- Fast as a Shark (AoE 30 Special dmg + Vulnerable, 61s, 2 CD)
- Orm's Blast (60 Magic dmg + Curse, 76s, 2 CD)
- Strike of the Iron Way (AoE 35 Magic dmg + Self Stamina Regeneration, 83s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed; 3 Strength
- Since Hardy lacks NER or immunities, monsters like Ignis can be a good pair with him due to his NER.
- Blackfeather can give extra turns to enemies while denying, activating Hardy's Anticipation.
- Monsters like Noahgnarok have a Status Caster for Double Stamina, which eliminates his biggest flaw. In addition, Ferrus also has a number of moves which can give Stamina Regeneration and increase maximum Stamina.
- Since he has no immunities, he can be easily denied.
- Strong nature attackers like Ullrica and Dratis can easily take him down.
- Monsters with PER and Trait Disable like Tabora and The Dooo can remove his self buffs and his dangerous Anticipation trait.
- Any monster who can stamina drain can easily immobilize Hardy due to his enormous stamina costs.
- Hardy was available as the Gold Legends Pass Monster in Cosmic Season 1.