Hookuai is a fan of mass destruction, a cause to which he contributes actively. He used to have a little club of friends with his same hobby, but all of them were defeated over the years. Now it’s just him, and it gets boring! Maybe he should rescue one friend to have someone to play with. Cryotan, maybe?
Hookuai's main role is that of a Water Attacker. He's an incredibly powerful Legendary due to how hard he is to take down. His Control Immunity and Deadly Interruption skill leave almost no denials in the game able to shut him down. He relies primarily on raw damage output and a few tortures to take down his opponents, and he's also got a really nice setup skill to assist him in doing so. And thanks to Uriel's Essence, he even effectively gets a 2nd life. When you see a Hookuai on the field, you better have planned ahead, or be ready to feel the pain he can bring.
- Great stats
- Amazing trait and relic slots
- 70 damage skill with 0 stamina and 0 cooldown
- Able to increase damage output with Damage Boost, Sunburn, and Bleed
- Can use CDA as an Attacker
- Insane movepool
- Low cooldowns and stamina costs
- Great tortures
- Power of the Deep (Self Damage Boost + Precision + PEP, 25s, 2 CD)
- Disempowerment (50 Water dmg + CDA, 20s, 2 CD)
- Deadly Interruption (70 Water dmg, 0s, 0 CD)
- Meltdown Ray / Claw Swipe (Ray for AoE 40 Special dmg + Sunburn, 27s, 2 CD) (Claw for AoE 40 Special dmg + Bleed, 27s, 2 CD)
Recommended Runes: 3 Strength; 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed
- As long as Warmaster Babari is alive, he can give Hookuai Torture Immunity due to his trait. Since Hookuai is most vulnerable to torture effects, this would make him nearly unstoppable.
- Warmaster Elvira is an insane ally as she is a pretty great support monster (with NER to stop DoT effects), but most importantly, she gives her entire team Blind Immunity while she is alive, therefore making Hookuai almost completely immune to deny.
- Kronx could be a deadly teammate. Hyperbolic Time Chamber gives her ally a 2 turn Triple Damage boost but reverts them to a baby, making it only 1 turn. On the bright side, Control Immunity blocks Baby Reversion, and Hookuai has Control Immunity, so that's a free 2 turn Triple Damage with 0 drawbacks.
- MegaTaunt monsters such as Rubellus, Eisul, and Santerion can pair up amazingly with Hookuai as they can absorb all the damage while Hookuai remains untouched, allowing him to wreak havoc on the enemy.
- Like all Control Immunity monsters, Hookuai is still vulnerable to Total Blind and/or Total Damage Reduction, so you can count on monsters like Hornet, Mirak and O'Reilly but isn't highly recommended because Hookuai could just use that turn to setup.
- Hookuai is still vulnerable to Torture, so Monsters like Gualgui can use multiple torture effects on him.
- Great Thunder monsters like Faraday The Discharger and Wildbird are examples of Thunder attackers to counter Hookuai. VoltaiK and Zyla the Faithful are not recommended, since Hookuai has Anticipation and can kill them in a few turns because of their low life.
- Trait disablers such as Madam Fusion and Wickah can help deal with his insane trait.
- Mega Taunt monsters, such as Eisul and Santerion, can continuously absorb the damage Hookuai is dishing out because he does not have PER to get rid of it. Santerion has both Mega Taunt and Artifact as trait so Hookuai will have to kill Santerion with raw damage.