Most victims of this bad-tempered sea critter end up skewered just for getting in his way, but his ease to catch distracted prey doesn't make him lazy. He likes a good challenge and constantly puts his hunting skills to the test. Thanks to his long and pointy sword, he can catch fish ten times his size!
Marlinaut is a mediocre Water attacker that is really a huge disappointment of a Pierce monster. Easily one of the worst Pierce attackers and the single worst P2W Bounty Hunt monster so far in the game, he needs a turn to set up Pierce, which is easily nullified by the likes of PER and Absolute Zero, given that his trait protects him from nothing. His stats are really good though, boasting a very high power and speed stat while given a nice life stat as well. Even after applying Pierce, he's an extra-turn attacker. But by then, his Pierce will just wear off after a few turns and Anticipation is just everywhere. His damage output, while good, is just not enough when compared to the meta. This is especially true when life runes are very common thanks to UA. Overall, he's basically just an improved Wing-Su and really just falls hard in the current competitive environment.
- Access to Pierce
- Can boost damage output with ETs
- Can drain stamina with Drowned and Stamina Leak
- Great Self Support in Damage Boost, Pierce, Precision, Stamina Regeneration and True Vision
- Insane stats
- Access to a 0 CD skill, so CDA isn't a problem
- Good relic slots
- All damaging skills are Water based meaning he is weak against Water monsters
- Extra turn skills can be Anticipation bait
- Bad trait
Chernobyl Aquarium (Regular Attacker)
- Shark's Food (AoE 40 Water dmg + Bleed, 48s, 3 CD)
- Sharp Fins (70 Water dmg + Drowned, 36s, 1 CD)
- Flawless Aim (Self Pierce + True Vision + Stamina Regeneration, 42s, 2 CD)
- Son Of Nautilus (40 Water dmg, 30s, 0 CD)
Mutant Marlin (Extra-Turn Attacker)
- Shark's Food
- Sharp Fins / Flawless Aim
- Aqua Jet (25 Water dmg + Stamina Leak + Self Extra Turn, 36s, 1 CD)
- Aqua Dive (20 Water dmg + Drowned + Self Extra Turn, 42s, 2 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed
- Monsters with Anticipation such as Lord Nebotus and Blumeria can easily crush him due to his extra turns.
- Thunder attackers such as Raijin can fry this fish especially since he is faster
- Denied by anything except Possession so use monsters like Viatrix to make this fish unable to swim.
- Water tanks such as Mojadrak can wall him due to his moves being water type.
- Marlinaut's name and design are inspired by the Marlin.
- Last Corrupted monster released.