Rubellus was the king of a Mushroom Kingdom, but after one of his subjects tried to betray him, he became paranoid and ate them all as a punishment. Now Rubellus is alone and insane, but within, he's got the physical power of his entire dead kingdom, and he'll prove he's still the King.
Rubellus is an outstanding Nature tank and curser. He is very similar to Eisul, with two single-target denials in Stun and even Mega Stun. Not just that, but he has many other negative effects in Daze, Bleed, Poison, Burn and Nightmares. His trait is amazing with Taunt tanking hits even with SC: Mega Taunt removed and his Abomination protects against all Possessions and some tortures. To fit his role, he has amazing life and nice relic slots. He can even support a bit with Team NER, Botanophobic Shield and Life Shields as well as use Damage Mirror and Control Immunity to further sustain. Even his cooldowns and stamina costs are low to acceptable, the only overshadowing problem being his awful Speed. A real shame, as it hinders usage of his fun cursing abilities
- Great trait
- Amazing life
- Low stamina costs
- Access to Team NER, Self NER, and Ally NER
- Team Botanophobic Shield with Team Nature Protection makes a great defensive combo
- AoE 3 tortures in one move!
- Great relic slots
- Acceptable cooldowns
- Insane sustainability
- Bad speed
King of the Shrooms (Unranked)
- Chaga (Self Mega Taunt + Damage Mirror, 25s, 2 CD)
- Amanita Aprica (AoE 25 Nature dmg + Poison + Daze, 22s, 2 CD)
- Turkey Tail / Shiitake (Turkey for Team NER, 20s, 3 CD) / (Shiitake for Ally NER, 21s, 1 CD)
- Hydnellum (Stun + AoE Bleed, 23s, 2 CD)
Unranked, Rubellus is still good. Chaga is a good skill for a Tank, not to mention it has a two turn cooldown, meaning you could effectively re-apply Mega Taunt throughout the battle. You could run either Shiitake or Turkey Tail to cleanse yourself, your team, or an ally. Hydnellum and Amanita Aprica are also great cursing skills, with one being able to deny if you'd like to
Mega Shroom (Ranked)
- Lion's Mane / Turkey Tail / Lingzhi (Mane for Team 30% Shield + Botanophobic Shield, 26s, 2 CD) (Lingzhi for Self NER + Control Immunity, 25s, 3 CD)
- Death Cap (55 Special dmg + Mega Stun + Daze, 29s, 3 CD)
- Angel Destroyer (AoE 35 Nature dmg + Poison + Burn + Nightmares, 25s, 3 CD)
Ranked, Rubellus is even more of a devil. Lion's Mane alongside your Rank 1 team trait means that enemies will be doing less damage from the Nature protection. Add onto the fact that he has SC: Mega Taunt, and you will be taking in even less damage from the elemental disadvantage, with the 30% Shield being the cherry on top. Rubellus' problem of being easily denied by anything but Possessions is now gone, as Lingzhi cleanses himself and gives himself Control Immunity, making it him even more of a beast. Angel Destroyer is an amazing cursing skill that's enough to make the likes of Draghar jealous, able to remove massive amounts of enemy health. Death Cap can shut down any annoying or dangerous enemies for two turns. Turkey Tail is great to utilize even in this ranked skillset to cleanse you and your team.
Recommended Runes: 3 Life; 2 Life, 1 Team Speed; 1 Life, 2 Team Speed
- Just like other Taunt trait monsters, he is perfectly paired with 2 Area Dodgers, such as Wyrmlad and Hornet, or an Area Dodger and an Anticipator, such as Nisael or Ragnarok who can also resurrect.
- Tanks are weak to torture effects, since they take out a percentage of health. Monsters like Gualgui and Saulot can spam a lot of tortures to chunk his HP. Gualgui especially is great since she also has access to CDA which Rubellus is weak to.
- Despite having Mega Taunt, he can't stop Pierce users like Zizania, Ursus, Wildbird, Zunobia and Devastress. Nitroblaster is especially good as he has both Pierce and is a Fire monster, not to mention access to Artifact that makes him immune to any form of denial or cursing that Rubellus throws at him (however, to access his Pierce skill, it is necessary to disable his own trait first. Tread lightly)
- Monsters that can PER before an AoE deny can pose a huge issue and essentially bypass the Mega Taunt, like Lord Pumpseed, Thalassa, and Grakon.
- Generally, monsters that can output a ton of damage per move, especially with Control Immunity so that Rubellus or allies can't easily take them down, can dispose of Rubellus easily, like Ugluk and Hookuai.
- Rubellus is weak against Fire attackers like Rekka and Nitroblaster, as they can easily kill this mushroom.
- He will apply Botanophobic Shield and Mega Taunt to the team if you don't deny him before he get his turns. Deniers like Grakon and Warmaster Thalassa can remove the buffs and deny him before he get his turn to cause trouble.
- His trait is great but can be disabled very easily by monsters such as Madam Fusion, Grakon and Lord Pumpseed.
- Some of his skills reference various genus and names of mushrooms, with his own name referring to Hortiboletus rubellus