When the war ended and Zimnyaya surrendered, he left a war prisoner behind, locked in a bunker. Without food, he passed away, but his body was exposed to radiation from nuclear bombs and, after awhile, he came back to life... as a zombie! Welcome back, Sergeant Hull Head.
Role: Self-Sustaining Curser
Sergeant Hull Head is an okay Curser with the second-highest Life in the Legendary meta and a trait that counters Resurrection monsters like Undertaker. While he's built like a Tank, with his high Life, double Shield relic slots, and miserable Speed, he has no way of applying any form of Taunt. He can, however, act as a decent self-sustaining Curser, with his abundance of Poison and Blind skills and access to Shields and healing.
- Second-highest Life for a Legendary
- Great trait
- Plenty of Poison and Blind skills
- Great relic slots
- Can apply Torture Immunity and Fire Protection
- Good sustainability with Shields and heals
- Low Stamina costs
- Horrible Speed, hindering cursing
- Moderately high cooldowns
- Reverse Healing is an issue
No Communists Allowed! (Self-Sustaining Attacker)
- Everlasting Toxins (AoE 30 Nature dmg + Total Blind + Poison, 28s, 3 CD)
- Burning Memories (Self Double Life + Fire Protection, 27s, 3 CD)
- Ceaseless Torment (AoE 35 Nature dmg + Self Torture Immunity, 30s, 3 CD)
- Endless Protection / Unending Nightmare (Endless for 30 Special dmg + Self 50% Shield, 22s, 3 CD) / (Nightmare for Self 50% Heal, 23s, 2 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Life, 1 Team Speed: 1 Life, 2 Team Speed
This set leans a lot more on his self-sustaining side. Ceaseless Torment is important for keeping away Hull Head's biggest weakness, being Damage Over Time Effects, or Torture Effects. Everlasting Toxins is basically a must-have for any Hull Head. The AoE Total Blind it provides is immensely useful. Burning Memories is fantastic for self-longevity, easily allowing him to soak up hits. Endless Protection is used if you'd rather still be able to fire off some chip damage while also giving yourself a nice temporary shield to soak up some damage, but you'll also be sacrificing Hull Head's survivability that Unending Nightmare gives him. The rune options lean more towards the tankier aspect, including some Team Speeds so he can act at least a little like a support, giving the denier on his team that little bit of extra speed.
Losing Private Ryan (Curser)
- Everlasting Toxins
- Burning Memories
- Undead Reconstruction (40 Special dmg + Blind + Self Regeneration, 21s, 2 CD)
- Rotting Bones / Sprouting Darkness (Bones for AoE Poison, 16s, 2 CD) / ( Darkness for 35 Special dmg + Blind, 21s, 1 CD)
Recommended Runes: 1 Life, 1 Team Speed, 1 Strength; 3 Team Speed
This set leans more heavily into Hull Head's Curser capabilities. The build takes more skills like Rotting Bones and Undead Reconstruction for keeping up his nasty Negative Effects. Everlasting Toxins and Burning Memories are both fantastic skills that shouldn't be taken away for a different role. And with Undead Reconstruction, this Hull Head build keeps up some longevity while still being able to throw around Blind. Sprouting Darkness is Hull Head's only 1CD skill, so it can be fairly useful to combat CDA while also having the ability to throw around more Blind. The recommended rune options lean towards a more supporting/damage-dealing role as this is the purpose of this build.
- One age-old counter to a tanky monster like Hull Head is with Tortures. Without Ceaseless Torment, Hull Head has no way to combat these and he becomes a sitting duck as they eat away at his Life, especially since he lacks any form of self NER. Good examples of monsters with plenty of good Tortures include Saulot, Wangzhou, and Dunn Ra.
- Due to Hull Head's trait, he is still very susceptible to Freeze and Stun. Good Freezers include Warmaster Thalassa and Saika. Good Stunners include Nabuline and O'Reilly.
- CDA will stop him right in his tracks because of his annoying cooldowns. Examples of good CDA monsters include Pierceid, Sunblast, Dungeon Master, and Al Canine.