Shademoon is a free spirit, a warrior without a home. Every night of new moon, this faceless being moves to a new city with a new secret mission he accomplishes quietly before leaving. No one knows his ultimate objective.
Shademoon was the reward in the Winter Citadel Grand Prix. He can apply Guard Down and Curse and apply Spirit Hater and Evasion to itself. His trait allows him to dodge area damage, meaning he can be a threat to Pierceid and other AoE Deniers. Overall he's solid and a good choice if you want a Magic attacker.
- Good stats and relic slots
- Amazing SC
- Low stamina costs
- Weak against Anticipation monsters
- Garbage trait (aside from SC)
- Bad damage output without spirit hater
- High cooldowns
- AoE Stun is a 50% chance
- Faceless Vengeance (Self Spirit Hater + 100% Stamina Regen + Extra Turn, 24s, 3 CD)
- Essence of Clumsiness (AoE Guard Down + Extra Turn, 21s, 3 CD)
- Concussion Bomb (AoE 25 Special dmg + 50% Stun, 24s, 3 CD)
- Vanishing Threat / Ritual of Decay (Threat for 50 Special dmg + Self Evasion, 32s, 2 CD) / (Decay for Curse + AoE 30 Magic dmg, 24s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed; 1 Strength, 2 Speed/Team Speed
- Since he is weak to Nature element, good Nature attackers like Prince Charmless and Gurlik are great to kill him.
- Also if he uses all Special-type moves, it is best to use Warmaster Remntar, since his Special immunity is a Team Trait, so his allies can't be killed by Shademoon and render his Spirit Hater useless.
- With his SC, he's hard to reach (especially when behind Taunt Tanks) but only for a matter of turns. Seeing the fact that he utilizes many extra turns in his movepool, it will use up his mode of protection, thus leaving him with a choice of using Vanishing Threat or his other moves, alongside his next to useless trait. Monsters with Anticipation, particularly with PER and/or NER, such as Rociuko and Lamia can heavily counter him pretty well.
- As mentioned above, Shademoon has a lackluster trait leaving him open for Control effects. Grakon is a pretty neat counter for him, as he's mostly immune to Shademoon's attacks (The majority of which are AoEs), PER away his defensive gimmicks, and can deny him via Stun and CDA.