Soul Hugger feeds on damned souls, but they aren't an easy meal to find. However, this monster knows his way around Hell, and he has paid one of the Soulfagi to "lose" a soul or two from time to time when carrying them around areas of punishment. Thus, the Soulfagous gets an extra pay and Soul Hugger gets his dinner!
Role: Self-Sustaining Attacker
Soul Hugger is an odd yet sadly underwhelming monster. He was one of SocialPoint's first attempts at making an attacker/tank hybrid/bulky attacker, like with Sergeant Hull Head, only he was more effective at cursing. As ofcourse expected, his life stat is amazing, being tied with the almighty Santerion & bein the 5th highest for a Legendary, but what IS surprising is his speed, which in itself might not be phenomenal, but for a tank it sure is, even top tier tanks such as Eisul or Rubellus can't top that one. Yet, what's notable about his trait is that it was, infact, the first of his kind, having Abomination & the fantastic Resurrection Block! But why on him? Well, aside from being (one of) the first Bulky Attacker(s), Soul Hugger was primarily a counter to the fantastic Samuel, which is also noteable in his skillset, yet blocking out Samuel's resurrection is blocking one of his main gimmicks. For relics? Well, just like him, they're quite odd & unique, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. To benefit his bulkiness, an armor relic comes into play, which is obviously good for his function, yet as for amulet, it could help him drain stamina with a Sherezar's Amulet or heal himself for further sustainability with Alces'. Looking into his skillset, it starts to show why he was so underwhelming despite being an Elite; He relied heavily on raw damage output, his only negative status effect being stamina leak & even that wasn't included in an AOE skill. He has both a hard hitting 55dmg & 70dmg Legendary based skill that both heal him for the same ammount of damage he deals, his 55dmg on 1cd & the 70 on 2, which means that with his Extra Turn Self Spirit Hater move, another counter to Samuel, he could have that Massive damage right back the next turn. Furthermore, he has a simple 40dmg AOE Dark based attack with nothing additional to it, or a 40dmg Legendary based move that gives himself both Double Life & Double Healing, thus either making him incredibly tanky if he can hit hard or pose himself more of a threat when Reverse Healing comes into play, completely destroying him or a simple PER removing all of his tanky buffs. Overall, Soul Hugger is easily the worst elite, he had the setup to be a better monster than he was but sadly, his experimental & bland skillset didn't cut it.
- Great trait
- Decent speed
- Incredible life
- Lots of self-sustaining skills
- Extra Turn + Spirit Hater move
- Low stamina costs
- Unique Relic slots that give him many interesting options
- Only has Stamina Leak as a negative status effect
- Reverse/Negate Healing ruins him
- Heavily outclassed by other Elites
- Average power for an attacker
Soul Hugger's Delight
- Soul Main / Cook 'Em Well (Main for 55 Special dmg + 100% Life Steal, 24s, 1 CD) / (Cook for AoE 40 Dark dmg, 27s, 2 CD)
- No Spirits Allowed (Self Spirit Hater + Extra Turn, 21s, 2 CD)
- The Gourmet (40 Special dmg + Self Double Life + Double Healing, 31s, 3 CD)
- Soul Dessert (70 Special dmg + 100% Life Steal, 21s, 2 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed/Life; 3 Strength; 1 Strength, 2 Team Speed
- Soul Hugger's main gimmick is to steal the opponents' life, so Reverse Healing monsters can hurt him a lot. Such examples include Dr. Marihelson and Pierceid.
- Strong Light attackers like Kronxian Guard and PZ Ronin can turn him into dinner.
- With his trait, he's still vulnerable to Freeze and Stun. So monsters like Crabbydroid, Warmaster Thalassa, and Nabuline should do the trick.