After Malairion chopped down almost every tree in the city to build The Shelter, he left termites with nothing to eat. Unfortunately for him, these bugs aren't going to give in without a fight. Their leader Thermagorn has a plan to hollow out the ground under The Shelter's main building. It might take him long to make it, but he'll get there eventually!
Thermagorn is a mediocre Earth attacker that generally works by triggering death as much as possible and removing chunks of the opponents' Life, as shown in his skills like Death Countdown, Life Removal, and a 50% chance of instantly killing an enemy, so he can run Speed runs instead of Strength. His trait is pretty nice, too, with an amazing SC in Evasion and Tough to back it up (although it's not as good by itself). His stats are nice as well, with amazing Power and Life, and his Speed isn't too bad either. He also has great relic slots, with Mask to boost power or recover stamina, and Essence to come back to life and start killing all over again. But he isn't all pefect. Firstly, he has to rely on raw damage alone, as he has no Tortures in his arsenal. Secondly, once his amazing SC is gone or removed he has nothing left but a simple tough which is terrible on its own. His 50% instant kill is also unreliable because if you use it in a way that you won't be able to win without it, you'll end up losing half the time. Even worse, death countdown is virtually useless on its own as many meta monsters have NER to completely mitigate it. And finally, MT users can simply use a healing talent such as Crystal Form,Phase Shield,Health Gene, and Medpack along with shield casters such as Elfriede/Mouseron or even relics armor from Rudechaw's Armor or Hammergrom's Shield to easily shrug off lost life from Thermagorn's AOE 30% life removal. Overall, This mutant termite isn't the best attacker and should only rarely be considered when picking a team.
- Great power and life
- Decent gimmicks in Death Countdown, Life Removal, and 50% chance of killing an enemy instantly
- Hardened Fangs removes 90% health from Mega Taunt
- Nice SC
- Good relic slots
- Bad speed
- 50% instant death is a gamble
One can of pesticide and he's...wait, he's evolved. We're screwed.
- Prey Chosen (70 Earth dmg + Guard Down, 42s, 2 CD)
- Too Many to Choose (AoE 40 Earth dmg + Guard Down, 48s, 3 CD)
- Hardened Fangs (AoE 30% Life Removal, 42s, 2 CD)
- Weakening Bite / Survival of the Fittest (Bite for 50% Life Removal, 36s, 1 CD) / (Survival for 50% Instant Death + 3-turn Death Countdown, 48s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 3 Strength; 2 Strength, 1 Team Speed/Speed; 1 Strength, 1 Life, 1 Speed/Team Speed
- Since he's easily denied, a Mega Taunt monster like Scintherus or Fossarius can keep him safe. Alternatively, Gahy Zuhl can use NER or Ryclops can remove any Control effects on him.
- Any monster with Damage Protection can easily deal with his Life Removal. Turtlellion, Pure Pandalf and Mojadrak can tank this bug's hits well. Shield users like Mouseron and Elfriede are also great choices.
- Fossarius almost completely walls him, with access to the aforementioned Damage Protection and Shield, and he's also Earth element, making this bug's non-Life Removal attacks do even less damage. Be wary of his 50% instant death skill, though.
- Monsters with NER, such as Slumster and Posidonia, can remove his Death Countdowns.