Although Toshiro's primary role is an attacker, he can also be used as a tank. There are two tanking moves in his skill set, a Taunt and Damage Mirror move and a Self NER + Regeneration + extra turn move. His SC is very useful against Thunder attackers like VoltaiK and Zyla the Faithful (If he is faster than them and applies Taunt). Other than that though, he's a pretty bland tank, and would be better used as an attacker.
A race monster. She is kind of strange. She can be used as 3 roles: Supporter, a tank and an attacker. Because she has a lot of buffs, like Control immunity, Torture immunity, Double damage,... But most of all, she has a good Health and the skill Yokodzuna Form applies Evasion to allies (not Neobuki), and applies Taunt and Double Life to herself, meaning that she can counter monsters like Zyla and VoltaiK.
Hiroim is a decent tank. He has access to a move that gives himself Taunt and Damage Mirror; this is efficient against high-damaging monsters (e.g. Kaih The Eradicator or Rador). Moreover, he has a skill that applies 100% Shield, while receiving Stun Immunity (Recommended using Life Runes to increase Shield Size). Last is his trait, Bulwark, which makes him strong against deniers.
One of the oldest tanks in monster legends. He is still, even after several years of release, one of the most unkillable monsters because of his Everest + Cho Oyu combo. These two skills can be useful because Everest applies Double life and Taunt and Cho Oyu applies Damage Mirror, so he can deal dmg even if he didn't get a turn. Also, his moves Manaslu (Regeneration), Lhotse (30% Shield) and Parbat (40% Shield) can contribute to this two-move combo. Remember to kill him quickly, because if he stays for too long, he might have a chance to unleash his special move, Global Stomp, which may potentially kill all of your team with just one hit. Overall, he's one of the best choices to have.
Boasting a good health stat and some great skills, she can be deadly. She can heal herself for 100%, give herself Double Life, and she can apply Taunt and 50% dmg Protection. But, the move Destructive Monstrosity is the skill that makes her so scary because it randomly applies Instant death, 3 turn Death Countdown, Shock, or Nightmares (depends on a little luck).
The youngest kid in the Mountain family. Like Ouros, he is a good tank because of his skills. He can gain Shield + Taunt and Shield + Double Life. But one of his most dangerous moves is Euboea. This skill can apply Mega Freeze + 3 turn Death Countdown. This skill is useful and there's no need to explain why. His other signature move, Boösaule Montes, is very useful too. It can Freeze all enemies for 2 turns, leaving them vulnerable to a painful death. His special skill is also good. It's just like Ouros' special skill but it insta-kills only one enemy and also comes with an AoE Death Countdown.
Like Hyperia, he is mainly an attacker, but with good health and a good team he can be used as a tank. His moves largely rely on dishing out heavy damage, and maybe Burn or Quicksand, but his main tank move, Vesuvius (Taunt and Skill Mirror), is very good. This skill is even more useful than Hiroim's skill, because it can reflect entire moves and the status effects that come with them. He is an decent attacker and a decent tank.
Inquisitor Fulmen isn't one of the best tanks, but far from the worst. His trait is decent, with hardened and an SC: 50% shield t his team. His stats aren't bad, faster than a lot of tanks and has a fairly high life stats, but nothing too great. His relic slots are quire nice for a tank, and his moves are good. He has taunt, self NER, shields, healing, and some negative effects in he form of damage reduction and daze, as well as a 0 CD 65 damage move.
- Santerion (OP)
- Eisul (OP-) and Rubellus (OP-)
- Clipeum (SS)
- Koralle Brutalis (SS)
- Akunobuki (SS+)
- Dunn Ra (SS)
- Hyperia (SS-)
- Mephisto (SS-)
- Treetopog (S-)
- Voytek (S-)
10) Voytek Voytek's stats and trait aren't the best, putting him in tenth on this list, but his moves are quite good. Aoe 100% shield and NER, self taunt and single freeze, aoe 75% shield and freeze/stun immunity, aoe 50% freeze, and some fairly high damaging moves. Overall a pretty solid tank that is deserving of this tenth slot.
9) Treetopog Treetopog is a curser/tank hybrid that is good enough for the 9th spot on this list. Treetopog has fairly good stats for a tank, overall nothing too amazing, but higher speed and power than most tanks, and a pretty good life stat. His trait is not too bad, with hardened and a 50% shield SC, but far from the trait of higher tier tanks. He has taunt, damage mirror, regen, and self shields, all of which is fairly good, and a bunch of negative effects such as poison, shield breaker, guard down and blind. He also has good relic slots, with double shield.
8) Mephisto Mephisto, the monster who used to be in OP, is now only SS-. He's still a good tank, but not anywhere near the level of Santerion, Eisul, and Rubellus. Having SC: mega taunt is nice, and Mephisto can also do some nice effects with his moves, such as multiple tortures and some stamina removal. His life stat is also very high.
7) Hyperia Hyperia is an interesting monster. He's a hybrid between an attacker and a tank, and not focusing on one of these roles makes him a bit weaker than other tanks. At higher ranks, he has SC: mega taunt and damage mirror, which is nice to have. He also has two tanking moves, one with mega taunt and one with taunt. In addition to this, his stats are fairly high (including one of the best power stats in the game) and he has aoe PER, which only one other tank on this list has (Akunobuki)
6) Dunn Ra Dunn Ra is only slightly better than 7th and 8th on this list, but is still a bit better. Dunn Ra has a very high life stat, a nice trait (tough + SC: mega taunt), and some good moves, with several tortures, a good meta taunt move, and some other negative effects.
5) Akunobuki Akunobuki was released in the midst of mythics, and still stands out a lot in the legendary meta. She's sort of a swiss army knife, being able to function as an attacker, a supporter, or a tank, or a mixture of some of those. Akunobuki does only have one tanking skill, but it is a good one, giving aoe skill mirror and mega taunt to herself, which, coupled with her PEP trait, makes for a very deadly combo. Akuno also has some great supporting skills, such as a bunch of positive effects, and things like PER. Although being better than most of the monsters on this list normally, as a tank she's not quite as good as some of these monsters, so she gets this spot for now.
4) Koralle Brutalis Koralle Brutallis is a great Earth tank. Koralle even has a good trait, which is Taunt, and a huge health stat. Koralle also has a good movepool full of useful skills such as AoE and Single Quicksand + Daze and AoE Stun. And finally, Koralle has a great special, which heals itself by 100%, removes negative effects from itself, and applies Mega Taunt to itself. A very tough monster to beat.
3) Clipeum A Light machine created by Good Legion. He is the more advanced version of Koralle, due to Clip having immunity to Stun, Bleed and Taunt trait, being able to use Mega Taunt with just 1 turn CD, and has a movepool that is full of useful skills, which can support himself and also his allies with variety of positive effects (like Dmg Mirror, Evasion, Shield). He is even more resilient and more threatening than Koralle Brutalis.
For 2nd place in this list, there is a tie between these two monsters. They are very similar, both with denial in their moves, similar traits, and are very close in power level other than that:
This Forsaken, insane Mushroom King had great stats for a Tank, one of the 2 monsters that had access to Taunt trait and SC : MegaTaunt, (the other being Eisul) and able to give Nature Protection to his allies, which make him a very effective meat shield for his allies. But that is not all, he can NER himself, give Normal and Botanophobic Shield to increase his survival capability, and able to inflict multiple Torture Effects. Overall, like Eisul, to take it down is not an easy task, and he is well deserving of OP- tier.
Eisul is a great tank, and one of the rare Water tanks. He is one of the few monsters with access to MegaTaunt, and at Rank 3, gets SC: MegaTaunt. He is also one of the 4 monsters so far with Permanent Taunt as a trait, the 3 others being Clipeum, Rubellus and Koralle Brutalis. That's mean his allies had his absolute protection. Eisul even has access to 2 forms of deny, them being Possession and Total Blind. He can also protect allies from Possession. But that’s not all; He currently has the 7th highest Life in the game and is fast for a tank. All in all, he is one Water tank that's very tough to beat and earned him a spot in OP- tier.
Our Forsken Santabot got his spot in 1st place with his phenomenal MegaTaunt and Artifact trait , which he can absorbs all enemies attacks forever in the battle, while also prevent himself from dangerous Control and Torture effects. He also had very great stats for a tank, can sustain himself with NER, Healing, Random Positive Effects to effectively protect his allies and also deal massive dmg to the opponent and Random Effects as extras. Overall, this big belly robot can be one of your best company and protection in your team.