Volthar is a sophisticated machine which can easily deceive his enemies. Because of its looks, they all expect it to come with heavy attacks, or to provide a strong protection for his allies but its trick is to control and possess them with electric charges before they can realize its started attacking!
Volthar is a Thunder monster with great Possession skills. He can Shock enemies, blocking their extra turns, or even remove positive status effects and apply Nanovirus in one move! His trait is Tough and at the beginning of every battle, he gives himself Damage Mirror.
- Good trait and stats
- Multiple PER skills
- Special is overpowered: AoE PER + Trait Disabled + Mega Possession + Nanovirus
- Low cooldowns
- Low Stamina costs
- 4-Slot Syndrome (too many good moves to choose from)
- Most of his good skills are AoE, meaning that Dodge Area can counter him
- Only has Possession as denial
Recommended Moveset Edit
- Divide and Conquer (AoE 30 Thunder dmg + Possession, 25s, 2 CD)
- Tyun Gwat (AoE Nanovirus + Stamina Leak + 30% Stamina Removal, 25s, 2 CD)
- Ura Tsuki (AoE PER + Nanovirus, 23s, 2 CD)
- Dian Xue / Enemies Deception / Uraken Uchi (Xue for AoE 35 Special dmg + Shock + 30% Stamina Removal, 20s, 1 CD) / (Deception for 40 Thunder dmg + Possession, 20s, 1 CD) / (Uchi for PER + 35 Special dmg + Nanovirus + 50% Stamina Removal, 23s, 1 CD)
To avoid problems with Area Dodgers, use Volthar with Enemies Deception or Uraken Uchi.
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
- Monsters with Possession Immunity, such as Makugan and O'Reilly, can render his possession less effective.
- Monsters that can recover stamina such as Madam Fusion, Jasastur and Wangzhou can counter his stamina removal moves.
- Hookuai is a strong counter to him since he can't be possessed, he can deal with Volthar's stamina removal by having a skill with no stamina, and deal a lot of damage to him.