When the dragons created an alliance and Drakor was excluded from it, he swore to make them regret leaving him out. His plan was to do it on his own but realistically, in a 1 vs 5 war, he didn’t stand a chance, so he had to bring in back up, an attacker like himself, but a Light one: Wyrmlad!
- 1 Overview
- 2 Recommended Moveset
- 3 Recommended Allies
- 4 Counters
- 5 Fun Facts:
Wyrmlad is a phenomenal attacker/support hybrid, with a diverse moveset and a plethora of effects to help your team & the absolutely fantastic Dodge-Area trait. He has an arsenal of amazing moves, being able to NER all allies & give them precision + life regen or do the opposite & PER your enemies aswell as give them Possible Effects Block just to cockblock them even more. Aside from that, he can also double PER an enemy with additional Very Heavy light damage, thus being able to counter another one of his insane skills himself, that skill being a 1% Resurrection, which sounds awful, untill you realise it comes with Evasion, Positive Effects Protection & Life Regen. Furthermore for Wyrmlad's supportive side, he can heal all allies by 50% instantly, give all enemies Total Damage Reduction & himself skill mirror, although when using him you'd rather not have him take hits & pair him with a Taunt tank instead, and give his allies a 25% Life Shield, although these skills don't compare to the former ones. Though, Wyrmlad can also be used as an attacker, but support suits him better. But if you decide to use him the attacker way, he has, ofcourse, his 60dmg Light based attack with double PER, a 40dmg DARK aoe with Curse & Sunburn chipping away the enemy effectively, a 40dmg Light et skill with Dragon Hater applied before damaging, although sadly the skill removes all of Wyrmlad's positive effects after, another 40dmg Light et skill but with Evasion this time & ofcourse some more aoes ranging from 30-40 in terms of damage. All of this being said the relics haven't even been named yet; Trap, known for stamina draining upon being hit, will likely not be of much benefit, as you'll typically hide your Wyrmlad behind a Taunt user so he can't be hit, but the amazing Essence slot, granting access to the also-very-amazing Uriel's Essence, gives Wyrmlad another chance at redemption if he somehow dies & resurrect any fallen allies to basically have you start over trying to kill him. Wyrmlad was seriously a monster that was meta from his release date 'till even throughout the OG Mythic Era & is a powerhouse of a warrior to put it lightly.
- Amazing trait
- Good power and life
- Access to 5 negative effects and 7 positive effects
- Very low stamina costs
- Moderate to low cooldowns
- Nice relic slots
- Has a Dark skill as a Light monster
- Resurrection with Evasion, Regeneration and PEP
- Can PER twice in one move, allowing him to bypass Positive Effects Protected
- The drawback on Never Liked You can be easily bypassed by using it on himself, or on a possessed ally
- Bad speed when used as a Support
- Most of his skills are AoE, ironically making him weak against Dodge Area
- How to Kill Your Dragon removes Wyrmlad's positive effects
Light of the Knight (Unranked Mixed)
- Restore the Dream (Team NER + Regeneration + Precision, 30s, 2 CD)
- Masterwork Armor (AoE 35 Special Damage + Total Damage Reduction + Self Skill Mirror, 25s, 2 CD)
- Righteous Evil (AoE 40 Dark dmg + Curse + Sunburn, 27s, 2 CD)
- Never Liked You / We're Dragon Slayers! (Never for Ally Stun + Team 50% Heal, 23s, 2 CD) / (Slayers for 40 Light dmg + Self Evasion [2-Turns] + Extra Turn, 26s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Team Speed
Pre-School Dragon Slayer (Unranked Attacker)
- Masterwork Armor
- Righteous Evil
- Drakor Union (AoE 30 Light Damage + Sunburn + Team 25% Shield, 25s, 2 CD)
- We're Dragon Slayers! / Mythical Memories / Wyrmlad Is The Gym Lad (Memories for 40 Light Damage + Sunburn, 26s, 0 CD) / (Gym for Self Precision + Damage Boost + 33% Shield, 20s, 2 CD)
Recommended Runes: 3 Strength; 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed
You'll Never Kill Alone (Unranked Support)
- Masterwork Armor
- Restore the Dream
- Drakor Union
- Never Liked You
Recommended Runes: 3 Team Speed; 2 Team Speed, 1 Speed
You Will Never Die! (Ranked Support)
- St George's Apprentice (Ally Resurrection 1% Life + Evasion + Regeneration + PEP, 23s, 3 CD)
- Restore The Dream
- Dwi'n Ddraig Wen! (60 Light dmg + PER x2 + Sunburn, 26s, 2 CD)
- Righteous Evil / Despicable Beings! (Despicable for AoE 35 Special dmg + PER + Major Damage Reduction + PEB, 40s, 3 CD)
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed; 3 Team Speed; 2 Team Speed, 1 Speed
Failure is not an Option (Ranked Attacker)
- Righteous Evil
- Dwi'n Ddraig Wen!
- How to Kill Your Dragon (Self Dragon Hater + 40 Special dmg + Self PER + Extra Turn, 23s, 3 CD)
- Masterwork Armor
Recommended Runes: 2 Strength, 1 Speed/Team Speed
- Taunt monsters, like Koralle Brutalis, Eisul and Clipeum, pair amazingly with Wyrmlad since they can protect him from single-target attacks. Eisul is especially useful since enemies would have to PER then Trait Disable him just to actually be able to attack Wyrmlad.
- To counter his speed problem, a Transfer monster like Madam Fusion can let him get of his skills earlier.
- Damage Boosters like Demise can counter that glaring problem of low damage output from skills. Demise in particular is great thanks to Strength From Beyond also acting as a Turn Transfer.
- Since Wyrmlad is a Light monster, he is weak to Metal monsters. A good Metal attacker like Makugan and Zizania can counter him. Especially Zizania since he has access to Pierce which can take care of his pesky Area Dodge.
- Single-target trait disablers can make him extremely vulnerable, such as Warmaster Thalassa, Madam Fusion, Draghar, Tayni, and Warmaster Ragnarok.
- His Celestial trait makes him immune to Stun, MegaStun, and Bleeding. Using monsters with other single deny moves like Possession or Freeze could turn the battle in your favour.
- Monsters with Pierce can penetrate through his defensive gimmicks and Area Dodge.
- Monsters with single target CDA such as Grakon can keep him out of battle, as most of his moves have a CD of 2 or more.
- His skills and stats were made by players in the Monster Legends community.
- Skills make various dragon references:
- How To Kill Your Dragon is a reference to the book How to Train Your Dragon.
- "Dwi'n Ddraig Wen!" translates from Welsh to "I'm a White Dragon" in English.
- St. George's Apprentice" references Saint George and how he slayed a dragon.